Monday, December 5, 2011

I have been busy. . .

. . .with WrItInG!!! And some other things. . .
ANYWAYS here are some poems/reports/essays I've been writing for English Class and on the side.
Enjoy!!
Fablehaven by Brandon Mull
Book Report

Enter the world of Fablehaven by Brandon Mull and you will not leave unchanged. With the curious name and bewitching cover, I’ve fallen into a deep spell for this story and the secrets it holds of a different, yet familiar, world. We have all read stories with magical creatures, but Fablehaven is a new classic with the familiar creatures such as fairies, dragons, and witches within. Beneath this cover holds a story that changes your being, literally. 
          This story begins with thirteen year old Kendra Sorenson and her eleven-year-old brother, Seth. They are on their way to what they think will be a lousy summer vacation at their Grandparent’s house. Instead, they find themselves in a magical refuge for all sorts of mystical and dangerous creatures. Along with being super big, the sanctuary is extremely dangerous. Their Grandma has been turned into a chicken, Seth gets attacked by fairies, and now both a powerful witch and an even more powerful demon have been set free. Fablehaven is left in the probably not so capable hands of Kendra and Seth. With the help of the Fairy Queen and a magical elixir, the two siblings manage to hold the sanctuary together. This vacation was certainly different than what they thought.
          The theme of this story is a common one, but common because of its importance. Fablehaven almost fell because of Seth and Kendra breaking the rules but it was held together by the two of them being brave and thinking with a clear mind. Simply, ‘The consequences of our actions are either good or bad depending on our actions.’ This story teaches the different consequences of our actions and that there is always a consequence, good or bad.
          Fablehaven is truly an enchanting book that has me bounded to it in a spell as deep as the Fairy Queen’s powers, which are very great indeed. The stories that follow this first adventure at Fablehaven are as enchanting as their beginning. Fablehaven, Rise of the Evening Star, and Grip of the Shadow Plague are only the beginning of this five book series. The fate of Fablehaven and many others depend even more on the actions of Seth and Kendra and that’s only the beginning. They must make even harder decisions and the consequences may be even greater. The Fablehaven series is a must read for all ages, and I highly recommend it to all. But be forewarned, none who enter will leave unchanged.

Maddy Hipps, My BFF by Emalie Beckstrand (I hope you know who that is)
Poem
            
            I think of Maddy Hipps when I see a craft shop and a cherry icy,
            When I feel super soft pillows,
            When I hear a western song,
            When I smell the sharp sting of hairspray,
            Maddy Hipps is like a breeze that changes for every need.

School Beast by Emalie Beckstrand
Poem

I’m head to head with a fowl beast,
Which is made of deadlines & tests,
Grades & assignments,
What a pest!
It’s breath is like cold ice in fragments,
And I wish it would go southeast,
For a week at least.

I write the final word,
Pen the last sentence,
I've done it I say,
I’ve slain the last beast with my fine broadsword,
I have made an allegiance,
But I know it won’t stay,
For this beast
Only goes northeast,
And always comes back
            Next semester.


Well, that's all I have for now. :)
Hoped y'all liked it!!
SMILE people! Your author, EmaBug

No comments: