Thursday, November 3, 2011

More serious stuff: Scripture study

Hiya! (-:
Today I read my scriptures (The Book of Mormon) and I was amazed how, even though I had read those first verses more than I can count, it was like reading it for the first time. It was like digging for jewels in the same tired old spot I had dug at since I was little and uncovering even more. It was a simple testimony that the scriptures were true and not something a 14 yr. old boy made up.
I also set a goal of reading my scriptures and writing in my journal afterwards, everyday after lunch when my Mom is putting the little kids down for naps.
But to do so, I needed to balance my time so that I wouldn't be doing my online classes 15 min. before dinner or any of my other school work. Today I made my goal and got all of my online classes done before lunch and was able to read with out it hanging over my head. It really brighten my day to be able to get my online classes done and to read my scriptures. I feel as if I could fly. Even if though I have to go through the same thing tomorrow, balancing my day, and it's not a happy thought, believe me. I still have a smile in my heart. 
I'm feeling really good today because I made time, not because I had time (far from it in fact), but because I made time to strengthen my testimony with my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. : )
Yes, I feel good. : D
Now I have to go. I still have to take a shower before Mutual. ; )
SMILE people! Your Author, EmaBug

No comments: