By Me :)
5-9-12
Shakespeare once said, “A horse, a horse! My kingdom for a horse!” but right now I say, “A word, a word! My kingdom for a word!”.
A good poem, essay, or even a good paragraph or sentence is usually given birth by some kind of inspiration. This inspiration can be given by anything. A word, an image, a sound. But when a writer does not receive some sort of inspiration, the product of the writer could be dull, dry, and unattractive or there could be no product at all. Most call this writer’s block, I call it, “But I’m not in the mood to write anything right now, Mom!” or what my younger siblings would say they call it, “But I don’t know what to write Mom!!”
When I say “A word, a word! My kingdom for a word!”, by ‘a word’, I mean Inspiration. So I guess I could say instead, “Inspiration, inspiration! My kingdom for inspiration!”
Inspiration is a fickle thing. You can receive it at the oddest moments. Many ways that I receive inspiration or am inspired, is by something someone has said or done, something I’ve read, or by doing something else for a little while. The most common way I receive inspiration for my writing is by practicing the guitar and letting my mind drift and relax from writing. Though my fingers don’t get much break since I go from writing to playing guitar.
Another common way I’m inspired is through listening to music. By focusing on the music and words, my mind can relax more and be more open to receive inspiration. I guess the point I’m getting at is, that sometimes to receive inspiration, we need to allow our minds to be distracted by something besides writing the greatest essay or what ever, or by relaxing our brain muscles, we can receive inspiration much easier.
I started with a quote, so I’ll end with a quote; ‘A watched pot never boils’. Or, in a writing sense; ‘A searching (and tired) mind never finds’.
The End
Hope you enjoyed my ramblings. ;)
Sm:)e everyone!
Your Author, EmaBug
No comments:
Post a Comment