So me and my friend where writing this book for our parents and we just never finished it and so I took up writing it my self and so I'm going to post it on this blog, chapter by chapter. Please comment and tell me what you think, Thanks!!!
Lost & Found
By. Michelle Baker & Emalie Beckstrand
Chapter 1: Growing up
"Rozia! We're going out! Take care of Rosebud & Winn for us and we'll be back soon!!"
Called Violet Evergreen to her step-mother.
"All right, dear!" You & Wind have a good time now and be safe!" she replied to her step-daughter, with a smile that had just a bit of nastiness in it, though neither Violet nor Wind saw it.
"Thanks, Rozia! You know we will"
said Wind, picking up two year old Rosebud & giving her a kiss on the forehead. Violet was putting two month old Wind Jr., or Winn, in his cradle. And then saying a last good bye to her step-mom and giving a hug to Rosebud, Violet went out the door, with her husband following.
Moments later, Rozia is on the phone, saying;
"I'm telling you, Ned. We've got 'em this time. . . .I know, I know. But Lilly is no longer a threat, Jons is out of state for the month and the kids are to little to remember anything harmful, I'm telling you, we've got them!!!. . . .Ok. . .I'll talk to you later. . .Be careful. . .Bye." and hanged up the phone.
Twelve years later. . . .
"ROSEBUD & WIND JR. EVERGREEN!! GET DOWN HERE!!"
14 year old Rosebud heard her grandmother yell.
"Coming Grandmother!" she yelled back.
Why can't she just call me Rose like everyone else?? She thought. She got out of bed & started walking down stairs to the kitchen, wearing a very tired & confused face. It was 7:30 on Saturday. . .Rozia never got up until at least nine and that was on the weekdays, Rose was really confused.
She bumped into her younger brother, Winn, twelve, on the way down the stairs. He looked as sleepy and confused as she did.
"Think she found a new parenting book to make our lives more miserable?" Winn asked, yawning. She smiled and ruffled his hair.
"I guess we'll just have to wait and see, won't we?" she replied. They exchanged a big smile to each other which quickly disappeared when they saw the look on their grandmothers face. It was as strait as a brick and cold as ice. They stopped in their tracks and said quietly "Yes?" while looking down at the kitchen tile.
"What-do-you-make-of-this?" she said through gritted teeth. They looked up. Rose gave a small gasp and took a small step back, Winn's eyes were as big as saucers and his jaw was down to his chin. In their Grandmothers left hand, was her favorite black leather bag, ripped to shreds. And in her other hand was the kids german shepherd puppy, Pip, looking very sheepish. He tried to get Rozia to forgive him by licking him, but instead she dropped him to the floor, looking disgusted.
Pip ran behind his master and mistress, trying to hide from Rozia's awful glare.
"How did that. . . that. . .that thing. . .get into my room?" she said, glaring at the two kids. She had lot's of padlocks on her "room", which was more like a layer, so it was pretty confusing to finger out how a dog, let alone Pip, got into her "room".
"Answer Me!" she demanded.
"Well. . .I. . .I don't know." Rose mumbled, trying to think how he got into there. "Winn?" Rozia turned to him.
"Weell. . .maybe you left it out or someone let him in?" he said innocently.
"Ahhh, but I didn't, so how and who?" Rozia replied, staring at the two, arms folded. The kids looked at each other, trying to think of answer. They had no clue, but would Rozia believe them? Probably not in a thousand years. So, finally Rose said, "I don't know who, or how." Winn shook his head, agreeing with Rose. Rozia looked hard at the two for a long time. Roses stomach was starting to hurt and she saw Winn shift from foot to foot and kept glancing at the cupboards that held the cereal. Finally what seemed like an hour, Rozia said
"Well. Since neither of you know how that dog of yours got into my room, I guess you'll just have to give me enough money to buy my self a new bag won't you." with a sly smile at the two. "And soon.".
Rose looked at her grandmother and said
“but we only have $5 if we put our money together, and still that’s a lot more to go”
“Well then you better go up stairs and get changed and start looking for work, because I need at least $100, dollars to fix what your dog broke”. Their Grandmother said with a smile that made little Pip jump. Rose and Winn looked at each other, and their Grandmother.
"All right but can we have some breakfast first?" asked Rose. "Fine, but then I want my money by Tuesday." Rozia replied, "Got it?" The two kids nodded.
"All right go get dressed and I'll get you some breakfast." And with that Rose took Winn and almost pulled him upstairs until he got the point that they were going to get changed, then he started walking normal. Once Rose and Winn were upstairs Rose said, “Dose she always have to make our lives so horrible?”
“I don’t know, but what I do know is that we need to hurry or she might find another way to make our lives more miserable”. Winn stated as he was walked to his own room. Rose followed suit.
When they got down stairs Rozia almost slammed down their “breakfast” on the table.
“Eat up you two, you have a lot of work to do” Rozia said with a nasty smile. When they were done, they thanked Rozia and ran out the door.
"Where do you want to look first”? Winn said.
“Oh I don’t … well let’s start here”. Rose said as she picked up a sign that said…"work needed, help with cleaning park, if interested come to the house with the big red door."
No comments:
Post a Comment